Andy, Gabriel and I went out for a little celebration last week...
We went out to dinner at a great local joint called Fred's and got to eat outside because it was so nice out (our first outdoor dinner of the season!)
Gabriel enjoyed a quesadilla while entertaining our waiter and all the guests around us :) ... after all this was a pretty special evening for him too!
After dinner, we walked around the corner to THE best dessert place on the Upper West Side, Cafe Lalo (this place was in You've Got Mail, you know that quaint little coffee shop where Meg Ryan gets stood up by Tom Hanks?) It really is just as charming as it appeared in the movie :)
We went out to dinner at a great local joint called Fred's and got to eat outside because it was so nice out (our first outdoor dinner of the season!)
Gabriel enjoyed a quesadilla while entertaining our waiter and all the guests around us :) ... after all this was a pretty special evening for him too!
After dinner, we walked around the corner to THE best dessert place on the Upper West Side, Cafe Lalo (this place was in You've Got Mail, you know that quaint little coffee shop where Meg Ryan gets stood up by Tom Hanks?) It really is just as charming as it appeared in the movie :)
They have this huge dessert counter with any kind of dessert you could ever want, plus they serve coffee in those over-sized coffee mugs (what a novelty).
Andy and I chose to split a (huge) piece of oreo cheesecake to finish off our celebratory night...and maybe Gabriel could have the cookie on top? Why not, it's a special night!
Andy and I chose to split a (huge) piece of oreo cheesecake to finish off our celebratory night...and maybe Gabriel could have the cookie on top? Why not, it's a special night!
Well...
Gabriel not only scarfed down the oreo cookie, but was so enthralled by the piece of cheesecake that practically dwarfed the plate, we couldn't resist giving him a bite...seriously, the child ended up eating more than Andy and me combined!
It was the cutest thing, though, Andy and I enjoyed watching him dig his fork into the cake. He sure would share with us, but no sooner than we cut a piece with our forks, he pulled the plate across the table and dug back in. I guess you really had to be there, but it was just so cute, and we couldn't help smile of course because we were so happy to be celebrating...
Gabriel not only scarfed down the oreo cookie, but was so enthralled by the piece of cheesecake that practically dwarfed the plate, we couldn't resist giving him a bite...seriously, the child ended up eating more than Andy and me combined!
It was the cutest thing, though, Andy and I enjoyed watching him dig his fork into the cake. He sure would share with us, but no sooner than we cut a piece with our forks, he pulled the plate across the table and dug back in. I guess you really had to be there, but it was just so cute, and we couldn't help smile of course because we were so happy to be celebrating...
Oh.
Have I not mentioned what we were celebrating? What brought on this night of dinner out and overindulgent dessert?
THIS little guy (or girl!)
Due Thanksgiving Day ... thankful indeed, we are so blessed. Surprise!!
8 comments:
AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys!!! Love you!
Sherry
So excited for the three of you to be adding another little Goodwin in a few months!! Hooray! And Mr. Gabriel sounds like a man after my heart. I'll be more than happy to take him out for dessert anytime!!
YAY!! I was HOPING this is what your super-exciting blog post would tell me!! So thrilled for all of you Goodwins. We'll be praying for all 4 of you in the months to come ...
Great night of celebrating!!!! Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to all of you.
Yay! That is such exciting news!!!! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling good, too! Gabriel is going to make a super cute, super awesome big brother!!! So happy for all 3 of you! :)
Congratulations Ash, Andy, and Gabriel!!! That is awesome! So excited for you guys!!
Congratulations to The Goodwin Family! We are so happy to hear the news. Two little ones are such a joy!
The Rose Family
I teared up reading - very excited for you! Kids are the greatest!!! Congrats again
Post a Comment