CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

1.24.2011

Loo & Behold!

I am fully aware that toddlers, particularly boys, do not begin potty training until well after 2, and don't master the loo until closer to three...and I'm cool with that. Andy and I haven't really said anything to Gabriel about going pee or poop in the potty, other than general explanation when mommy or daddy are, uh, using the facilities...

So imagine our surprise this afternoon when Gabriel came up to me and said 'poo poo', but when I checked his diaper, nothing. He's gotten good at telling me when he already went so I can change it. Confused, I said 'Gabriel, do you need to go poo poo?'. He ran to the potty, totally unbidden! 

A little unsure of what to do, we took off his diaper and propped him up there...he didn't poop, but he sure did go pee! He was so proud of that :). So we walked him through the whole process of using the loo, and he did great.

Now. I am not suggesting that this child will be potty trained early, but I just thought it was funny that he initiated it! Of course he loved tearing off the toilet paper and flushing the potty; why do I see visions of dozens of trips to the potty in my future with a toilet paper loving toddler masquerading as a little boy who has to go 'poo poo'?  

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thats great. Go G!!