CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

3.12.2011

22 Months

Gabriel breezed through his 22 month birthday last Wednesday...we had a particularly busy day with a playgroup and errands, etc, etc, so I didn't even take a proper picture on his actual day (oops)...Andy got a few good shots later in the week of Gabriel playing around. A few such pictures were up on our roof...we have not stopped hearing "more more roof" ever since :). 

Gabriel is doing great...his inquisitive nature never ceases to amaze me, nor does his willingness to try anything in the food department. He added parsnips, smoked salmon, plantains and olives to his already unique toddler palate which includes kale, greek yogurt and couscous. What a funny guy, I love it!

He can count to 5 with ease, and sometimes he can get to 10. He can identify the letters of the alphabet when he sees them, but he can't "say" his ABC's yet. He has learned his left from his right and loves to show off this skill when we are putting on socks and shoes. He has yet to have a hair cut of any sort, we just let the curls fly! We recently had to buy some new shoes and I was shocked that he is in a 7 1/2! What? He was wearing a 3, maybe a 4, this time last year. He sleeps in a double bed now, upgraded from the twin bed a few weeks ago. I was surprised when he left the crib at 14 months, but this? His bed is almost as big as ours! He also has started bringing a stuffed animal to bed with him; he never had attachment to anything thus far (blanket, paci, animal, book, etc), but all of the sudden, he has to have his doggie to go to bed, then he brings it with him when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap. He has gone both poop and pee in his little potty, although not consistently. We are not to the point of asking him if/when he needs to go, but randomly he will say he needs to go so we let him. Blocks, trucks, balls and dinosaurs remain his top toy picks, and painting is his all time favorite activity these days, although I predict that once the weather warms up he will remember how much he loves going to the park! He has progressed from pronouncing his name as "Day" to "Day-Brel"...we're getting there! Just one more syllable to go: GAB-REE-UUL

I know, that sounded like a laundry list, but really this blog is more about documentation for myself to look back on than to deliver updates...er, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

On to the pictures of this 22 month old!


   

4 comments:

-k- said...

Ashley - have you thought about using one of those companies to turn your blog into a book? I'm toying with the idea...

susan said...

Love the curls!!!!!!!! sweet,sweet boy...

love and kisses

Steph said...

Absolutely adorable! Cant wait to see him in May!!

Ashley said...

k - yes, we have looked into it, but it's pricey...also thought about doing it ourselves which would be a daunting task, but probably turn out more like we want anyway...Andy actually put together a book for me of the 9 months I blogged when I was pregnant and included the comments and everything, so it is possible :) - my advice, start early! It's like when you get behind in photo albums, it's impossible to catch up!