CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR COLORADO BLOG!!

5.25.2009

2 Weeks!?

Gabriel turned 2 weeks old Saturday...it seems like he was just born yesterday, but also seems like he has always been in our lives. I just can not imagine my life without him; sometimes I just stare at him while he sleeps in total amazement that he is here. We've certainly experienced all that most new parents experience in the first few weeks (sleepless nights, numerous diaper changes, fussiness, etc), but overall Gabriel has been a great baby. A few times he has basically slept through the night, just needing to be woken once for a feeding. He sleeps hard, just like his Daddy! Most times I have to wake him up from a nap to eat.

We are learning more and more about him everyday; for instance we know that he is an absolute cuddle bug! He can't stand not to be tightly wrapped up and snuggled. As soon as you un-swaddle him, or lay him on the changing table, he is sure to protest :). He loves to nuzzle up at your neck or cuddle up on your chest like a tree frog. It is so precious. I have truly cherished every moment so far as I know he will change and grow quickly and I don't want to wish my days away. Even when I am tired and frustrated and can't figure out what he wants, I want to live in the moment and remember every second. Gabriel has also been sleeping in his crib during the day like a champ! He sleeps in our room in his bassinet at night, but for all of his daytime naps, he has slept well in the crib...I hope he still likes it when it is time to transition to full time in the crib!

Let's see...what else? Oh yea, since he was about 2 hours old, he likes to flip over to his side; he will NOT lay on his back! As soon as you lay him down, he flips over. The doctor ensured us that this is fine, so we let him. It was funny when we was in his phototherapy booth, as soon as the nurse placed him in there, he would flip over and turn his back to her! He also has found his thumbs and sucks on them pretty regularly...I think he was about 6 days old when he did that.

This weekend my entire family is in town, which is great! Aunt Steph, Aunt Laurel and Uncle Jim flew in Saturday morning to spend Memorial Day weekend with us and Gabriel. Mom was already here helping me recover from the c-section, and dad flew up early Friday morning, so we have had a great time hanging out as a family with our new addition! See pics below from 2 weeks:




No comments: